Are you in need of transforming healthcare management in your clinic or hospital? As technology has brought a revolutionary change in the healthcare industry; new healthcare techniques like remote consultation with doctors, new and cutting-edge devices for remote patient monitoring, and intuitive mobile healthcare software technology are giving a direction toward superior healthcare experience and improved patient care in clinics and hospitals.
Here are a few latest innovations in the healthcare sector that can help the industry to provide more precise and effective patient care.
1. Electronic Medical Records
Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Electronic Medical Records (EMR) comprise the digital summaries of a patient’s medical records. Prescriptions, lab reports, and surgical interventions are all part of electronic records.
Major benefits of EHR or EMR:
- Advanced level of e-prescribing and clinical documentation possible
- Quickly transferring patient data from one department to another
- Increase patient engagement, safety, and compliance among the patient base
These Electronic Records are easier to both create and maintain and with their introduction, have drastically reduced the possibility of errors.
2. Healthcare IoT
Every industry has received a good number of benefits after the introduction of IoT (Internet of Things) and the healthcare industry is no exception. The new age smart healthcare IoT is capable of creating good coordination with the medical domain and has emerged with a new name, the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT).
Benefits of IoT in the Healthcare industry:
- Real-time patient monitoring facility for doctors from remote locations
- Smart sensors help in data collection and analytics for actionable insight
- Connected healthcare devices for better monitoring of a patient’s health
Currently, hospitals and clinics are including smart healthcare IoT technologies in their ecosystem to improve their existing infrastructure. The data from Statista also supports the growing popularity of IoT in the healthcare industry, as in 2016, the market size of healthcare IoT was $24 billion and in 2025 the projected market size is going to be $135 billion for healthcare IoT.
3. Telemedicine and Telehealth Solutions
Telemedicine and Telehealth solutions help in receiving medical attention with efficient and effective home health monitoring devices. Not only are Telemedicine and Telehealth solutions cost-effective, but they can also help in providing the appropriate medication in case of an emergency when there is no access to it elsewhere.
The benefits of telemedicine and telehealth solutions:
- Reducing the stress on medical providers treating the chronic patients
- No more accommodation-related stress in clinics or hospitals
- Flexibility for medical providers to examine patients remotely
Telemedicine and Telehealth are the latest healthcare compliance technology gaining popularity in the medical domain. It is predicted that in 2030, the market for telemedicine and telehealth solutions will reach $460 billion, based on data from Statista.
4. Artificial intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence (AI) is recognized as a key player when someone discusses IT innovation in the healthcare domain. From cost reduction to customer engagement; healthcare industries are getting much more dependent on AI to receive the desired result.
How AI can help you in Healthcare IT
- Tracking patient data efficiently allows doctors more time to focus on treatments
- AI provides unique and efficient assistance while conducting the surgery
- Additionally, AI can also help speed up the diagnosis process for a patient
Healthcare industries started deploying AI to deliver more impactful and efficient care to patients starting from risk assessment, and treatment procedures and ultimately focusing on curing the patient. A forecast from Statista predicts the global market for Healthcare AI is going to be $28 billion by 2025.
The Future of IT-enabled Healthcare Industry
The future of healthcare tech solutions predicts that the healthcare domain and Information Technology must be aligned together to provide a better healthcare experience to patients. Digital technology has the potential to transform the messy healthcare system into a better shape by providing cheaper, faster, and more effective solutions.
You can have a look at the future trends that are going to dominate the Healthcare Industry:
- The rise of on-demand healthcare is high due to the busy schedule of people. People are now leaning toward receiving medical support at their convenience and with smartphones in hand, people have now turned more demanding to avail of on-demand healthcare services.
- Virtual Reality has opened a new way of medication provision with IT innovation in healthcare services. VR technology has a good number of positive features. For example, the technology can help you to treat pain, anxiety, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and even a major condition like stroke.
- The digital transformation in healthcare tech solutions has created a revolutionary change in the wearable device domain. The Research Optimus report says the market for global wearable technology is going to be $27 million in 2023. Heart rate sensors, exercise trackers, Sweat meters, and Oximeters are some of the healthcare technologies that are going to dominate in the future.
These three points are the finest examples of what is going to be the future of the IT-enabled healthcare industry.
The Future of Remote Care Systems for Better Healthcare
Remote healthcare is going to be the preferred way of delivering healthcare for both patients and providers in the times to come. Remote healthcare is seen as a much better option for tracking a patient’s health condition in a comfortable environment for the patient. Home health monitoring devices that work exceptionally well for monitoring diseases like blood pressure and glucose lead to a better snapshot of a patient’s health.
Other than providing a better patient experience, the remote care system is medically and financially effective from both patient’s and medical provider’s end. One of the major cost-saving potentials of the remote healthcare system is it can reduce the travel cost drastically for both patients and healthcare providers. Other than that, the Remote Care system can transfer a hospital or clinic from a routine checkup place to a place for critical needs.
Healthcare compliance technology is undergoing a major change with the advent of Information Technology. Tools such as online patient portals can provide medical results, diagnoses, and explanations of illness, which has helped medical providers immensely and has allowed real-time analysis of patients. Healthcare providers are gradually realizing the untapped potential of IT in the Healthcare Industry and investing to streamline the healthcare processes with cost reduction, efficiency improvement, and uplifting the quality of healthcare. We can offer a plethora of Healthcare IT services to meet a healthcare provider’s needs seamlessly. We are specialized in Clinical Analytics, developing e-Pharmacy software, cloud management of EHR/EMR, etc. We are ready to walk with you in digitizing your healthcare from Electronic prescribing to improving data management.
Youngsoft Inc. is an information technology firm, founded in 1996, with headquarters in Wixom, Michigan. With 26 years of experience in IT consulting, staffing, and project management, Youngsoft Inc. has served startups as well as industry leaders.